Thursday, October 28, 2010

school lunch

Today, JJ and I made a date to have lunch together at his school.  We brought our leftovers and shared a tuna fish sandwich.  It was so pleasant seeing one another during the day instaed of at 5 p.m. 

It's funny because whenever I am in his classroom I ask his students what they are having or have had for lunch.  Today, a student told me he had a sandwich and almonds.  I thought, "Wow!  His mom must have packed his lunch."  Sure enough, she did. :)

If you ask JJ what he had for lunch growing up (even in high school) he'd tell you a bagel sandwich with all the fixings, big pouch Capri Sun's (which started out frozen to keep his sandwich cold) and apple slices in lemon juice to preven them from browning.  Who packed his lunch? His mom. :)

Now days, JJ and I ususally have our left overs from the night before, pb sandwiches, tuna fish sandwiches, or salads.  It's not like the old days...but lunch is lunch...dinner is what is special at my house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment