Wednesday, October 20, 2010

plate size

Last night I made some yummy baked ravioli (thanks again, Jessica for the receipe!)  It is one of the easiest things I've ever made.
*1 bag of frozen ravioli
*1 bag of frozen (or fresh) brocolli
*1 can of Pasta sauce

Put all the ingredients together and pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes! 

As I was deciding whether or not to use a bowl or plate it occurred to me that I have not used my big plates since the beginning of the summer (see picture i.e. brown plate.)  This is because I had purchased smaller plates from Ross Dress for Less that are the perfect size for a perfect portion of food (see picture i.e. robin's egg blue plate.)


Why is this?  I realized that when we used bigger plates we ate more, not because we were hungry, but because there was food left on our plates.  Since our plate change, it's nice to have pleasantly full stomachs, not stuffed stomachs, and be able to save a little room for a tasty desert. :)

If you're looking for small plates, check out Marshalls, Ross, or TJ Maxx--you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment