Monday, October 4, 2010

morning grocery shopping

This morning I decided to run to the store before I started work.  It was the best decision I made so far today, and it's 10:22 a.m. :)  I'm not sure if I've ever been to the grocery store before 8 a.m. before.  But, I love it.  It's so peaceful, there's no long lines, people are extra friendly because you're one of their first customers, produce is stocked, you're not weaving in and out of cart traffic and you beat the after-school rush.

Last night, I decided to plan out our meals for the week.  I honestly think this is one of the best ways to save grocery money (other than couponing--something I'm not too fond of or good at).  When I have a plan, I like to stick to it and also look in my fridge to see what I already have. Then, I can plan my meals around some of those items.  So, here's this week's meals.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
White Bean and Chicken Chili
Turkey Burgers
Pasta Salad (with mixed veggies and pesto)
Chicken Salad with lots of veggies and garlic bread

I'm excited to show you how they turn out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment