Thursday, December 23, 2010

thank you, julia!

The other day, my friend and co-worker, Miss Julia, brought all of us a sweet treat:  (homemade) almond poppy seed bread.  There is only one word to describe what I tasted...scrumptious.  One bite was just not enough.  It was sweet, but not overbearingly sweet, moist and light.  This would be a delicious breakfast, snack, coffee desert, or full-on meal!  To find this recipe, you can visit:  http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/12/almond-poppy-seed-bread.html

Thank you so much, Julia for taking the time to make this life-changing bread! :)

On another note, I've decided I would like to do a "Sunny Spot" every so often because my blog is about health, fitness and everyday things that make life so sunny. :)

My Sunny Spot for today would be homemade gifts.  You just can't beat them!  When I received Julia's homemade bread neatly tied in a festive red ribbon, my heart just jumped.  It meant so much that Julia would take the time and energy to make us each our own loaf.  Homemade gifts don't have to be extravagant or pricey...you just have to put a little heart into it. What homemade gift can you put together to make someone's day?

No comments:

Post a Comment