Saturday, December 4, 2010

OUC half marathon

Today I ran a half-marathon and accomplished a personal best time for myself of 1:52.  It was beautiful run.  I was blessed with the perfect temp, an awesome #1 fan (thanks, JJ :), training that paid off, and a God given ability to use my legs to run. 

I woke up at 5:45 a.m. and made myself a piece of toast with peanut butter and honey and had half of a banana.  I had my shoes and clothes set out ready to go. :)  We were out the door by 6:20 a.m. with JJ's bike in tow. 

Thanks to my friend, Amanda, we had a nice close parking spot in her driveway.  A quick trip to the bathroom and a few pictures later I was at the start line. 

I chose to wear a t-shirt, long-sleeve and mittens.  It was perfect for the chilly start.   I figured if I got too warm, I could always throw my stuff to JJ, who was on his bike meeting me at different mile markers.
















They had everyone line up according to their estimated mile time.  I decided to choose in between an 8 and 9 minute mile pace so I wouldn't have to wind around some many clumps of people, or have them winding around me. :)





Feeling good at mile 10, and meeting some friends along the way. :)



Finished!  Thank you, God! :)  An awesome day!!

2 comments: