Thursday, November 11, 2010

a quick and easy dinner!

Tonight JJ and I had a chicken and green bean pasta with a delicious vinaigrette.  The receipe came from my Cooking Light cookbook, but I made a few changes.

Here's what I did.  I cooked 1.5 cups of pasta (penne, bowties, whatever!) while I cooked 2 chicken breasts.  When the pasta is about 5 minutes from being done, add 1.5 cups of cut green beans.  While you're doing this, mix up an easy vinaigrette.  Combine 2 T. balsamic vinegar, 1 T. olive oil and 1 T. of water.  Then, add 1 T. of fresh basil and 1 T. of chopped red onion.  Then, mix this all together! :)

The original receipe calls for 1/4 C. blue cheese and 2 T. of chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed without oil)--this is a part of the vinaigrette.  However, it was great without those things, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment