Wednesday, September 15, 2010

last night's dinner

Last night, I made a delicious pasta dish from my "Cooking Light" cookbook...a gift we actually got for our wedding. :)

It seems as though whenever I make a receipe, I always put my own twist on things depending on which ingredients I have, which ones I modify so JJ and I will both enjoy the meal, and how expensive my grocery list has added up to be.

So, here's what was in our dinner last night:
1 3/4 c. Penne Pasta
1 c. Tomatoes
1 small Red Pepper
1/2 c. Red Onion
1/4 c. Basil
Parmesan to taste!
2 Garlic Cloves
2 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 can of chick peas (drained and rinsed)

It's super easy...you just boil your pasta...and heat your olive oil. Add your tomatoes to the oil and cook on medium-medium/high heat for 3 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, toss in the red pepper, chick peas and onion and cook for 3 minutes.  Once the pasta is done, toss in everything else!  Heat thoroughly and enjoy!

It was a hit!  Although, I will say, next time I won't add as many chickpeas...a lot of them ended up in the garbage. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment