Thursday, August 12, 2010

half-marathon



When JJ and I were dating, I decided it'd be a great idea for us to sign up for my hometown's annual half-marathon. To train for the race, we used one of Hal Hidgdon's half-marathon training guides.  http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/index.htm  Every day we'd get together and run. Looking back, it was one of my favorite memories from dating. It takes a lot of time and dedication to prepare for a race. When JJ said he'd run a half-marathon with me, it showed me what an incredible guy he was. He doesn't even like to run, and he was willing to run 13.1 miles..plus training! :) We ended up training for about 2 months and finishing in 2 hours and 5 minutes. The training program we used really was fantastic. I highly recommend it!!

Now, we're training again. Except this time JJ will be cheering me on from his bike. :)

I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment