Monday, August 23, 2010

6:30 a.m. run

This past Saturday, I went with a running group for an early morning run in my area.  I literally woke up at 3:30 a.m. because I was so excited and nervous to be getting up at 6:00 a.m.  Apart from being in cross-country in junior high, I've never been a part of a "running group."  I have to admit, I really liked it!  Being a part of something where everyone has the same common goal makes your training so much easier!

I met the gals at 6:30 a.m. and off we went.  I was the only one without a watch. I had a spring in my step and was ready to go!  However, by the time they said we had been going 3 miles, I was shocked we weren't done yet!  :)  It encouraged me to get my butt in gear. 

Three things I realized from this run.

1) I do not push myself nearly hard enough!  They were so fast!  It was so much fun seeing what I can do when I give a little extra. :)

2) I needed new socks.  By the time we were back in the parking lot after 5 miles, my feet were blistered and sore!

3) I hope that when I'm nearly 40 years of age like my fellow runners, I am full of energy and life and can use the legs God gave me to take care of my body. :)

I'm hooked on this 6:30 a.m. thing!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment